10 January 2005

Bill Craft (1928-2005)



William Nathaniel Craft Jr.

CRAFT, William Nathaniel Jr., age 76, of Lexington, husband of Dorothy Hudgens Craft, died Sat., Jan. 8, 2005 at his residence.

He was, for twenty years, principal of Picadome Elementary School and was the son of the late William Nathaniel and Valma Opal Adams Craft. Mr. Craft was a veteran of the US Air Force and was presently employed with Ridge Behavioral Health in Lexington. He was past president of the Lexington Council of the Arts, past president of the Lexington Singers, past president of the Fayette County Education Association and a member of Studio Players and the Lexington Musical Theater.

Besides his wife, survivors include one son, William Nathaniel Craft III, Upton, MA; one daughter, Sally Adams Craft, Durham, NH; two stepsons, Ronald D. Woolums and Kirtley Wallace (Terrilin) Woolums, both of Lexington; two granddaughters, Emily and Molly Craft, Upton, MA; two brothers, Lester R. (Carolyn) Craft, Shallotte, NC and James E. (Susan) Craft, Durham, NC; several special nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held at 4:30 pm Wed. at Kerr Brothers Funeral Home - Harrodsburg Road. Visitation will be Wed. from 2:30 - 4:30 pm at the funeral home. Contributions suggested to Hospice of the Bluegrass, 2312 Alexandria Drive, Lexington, KY 40504.

Guestbook at Legacy.com

Published in the Lexington Herald-Leader on 1/10/2005.


1 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

Lakota Death Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle Autumn's rain.
When you awake in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave an cry
I am not there, I did not die.



Walk in Beauty Bill. . .

--ryan

7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home