19 August 2005

Leonard Peltier: UPDATE!




August 15, 2005

Aho My Relations,

On August 15, 2005 I was transferred to USP Lewisburg in Pennsylvania. Life has been extra difficult for me since I was transferred from Leavenworth. This system is designed to make one feel very powerless, and what they are doing with me now is definitely aimed to erode my body and spirit even more. My loved ones, and all of you, my friends and allies who continue to support me, keep me sane and hopeful.


They say that it is in times of crisis that one can really see who your real allies are. Those of you who have contacted the Terre Haute Prison and the Bureau of Prisons on my behalf, keep me in your prayers, and are supporting my Defense Committee, have made an enormous difference in my situation. I humbly thank each and every one of you, and firmly believe that your actions most certainly saved my life and prevented me from living in an institution that is well known for its extremely high crime and violence. Also, health problems continue to plague me and the conditions I was subjected to exacerbated them. I know deep within my heart, that if there had not been such an outpouring of support, concern and overall outcry regarding my arbitrary detention, I would have probably stayed in solitary confinement for an indefinite length of time, or worse I would not have survived in the general prisoner population. Although I have been forced to endure many hardships, I will never surrender, even if all that is left of me is my spirit. Your love and support inspire me to overcome everything.

I hope that here at Lewisburg I will be able to resume living in the general population, practicing the traditional ways and continuing with my artwork. My defense team is preparing to go through some major milestones. They need your support more than ever to re-establish our office and prepare for upcoming reviews and legal battles. Since Russ Redner, Paula Ostrovsky, and Toni Zeidan do not want to accept any salaries or remuneration of any kind, all of your donations will go directly to the office transfer and upcoming campaign.

I again want to express my sincere appreciation and tell you once more that without you I am not sure I could have survived this last month. Every day I think about and pray for a time when I will be among you, shoulder to shoulder, fighting for justice for my people and our Mother Earth.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse

Leonard Peltier



Leonard Peltier

NOTE FROM THE LPDC:

Please contact USP Lewisburg to make sure Leonard regains all his hard earned prisoner rights, especially his religious rights, visitations, regular phone calls and ability to paint. Be polite and courteous, but let them know that a lot of us all over the world are concerned about Leonard’s wellbeing.

Warden

USP LEWISBURG
U.S. PENITENTIARY
2400 ROBERT F. MILLER DRIVE
LEWISBURG, PA 17837

Phone: 570- 523-1251
Fax: 570- 522-7745
E-mail address: LEW/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV

Leonard Needs Your Help Now!
Please Contact the following people,
just copy & paste the addresses below
into the BCC line & your address in the TO line:

askdoj@usdoj.gov, rrippetoe@bop.gov, ccoblentz@bop.gov, gkeiser@bop.gov, gale_norton@ios.doi.gov, craig_manson@ios.doi.gov, senator@akaka.senate.gov, senator@biden.senate.gov, russell_feingold@feingold.senate.gov, senator@yulee.senate.gov, senator@fremont.senate.gov, senator@mallory.senate.gov, senator@weller.senate.gov, senator@broderick.senate.gov, senator@welch.senate.gov, senator@kennedy.senate.gov, senator@boxer.senate.gov, senatorlott@lott.senate.gov, senator_leahy@leahy.senate.gov, senator@clinton.senate.gov, senator@shelby.senate.gov, senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov, senator@mikulski.senate.gov, senator@snowe.senat.gov, senator@rockefeller.senate.gov, arlen_specter@specter.senate.gov, senator@santorum.senate.gov, senator@frist.senate.gov, senator@dole.senate.gov, senator@mitchell.senate.gov, senator@muskie.senate.gov, senator@reid.senate.gov, senator@moynihan.senate.gov, senator@damato.senator.gov, sf.nancy@mail.house.gov, eric.cantor@mail.house.gov, elijah.cummings@mail.house.com, maxine.waters@mail.house.gov, henry.waxman@mail.house.gov, wayne.gilchrest@mail.house.gov, THA/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV,

MEDIA:
info@ap.org, nationalnews@herald.com, investigations@herald.com, national@latimes.com, indianz@indianz.com, cshaw@nypost.com, abramowitz@washpost.com, barkinr@washpost.com, mike.adams@baltsun.com, kevin.cowherd@baltsun.com, pmilton@patuxent.com, skelly@patuxent.com, jimlee@lcniofmd.com, carriem@lcniofmd.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, 60minutes@cbsnews.com, 60ll@cbsnews.com, earlyshow@cbsnews.com, weekends@cbsnews.com, today@nbc.com, dateline@nbc.com, oprah.com@oprah.com, v_services@montelshow.com, feedback@montanapbs.org, kufm@montanapbs.org, info@libbymt.com, editor@tobaccovalleynews.com, westnews@libby.org, op-ed@latimes.com, Studiob@foxnews.com, Newswatch@foxnews.com, Foxreport@foxnews.com, chet.barfield@uniontrib.com



Also please continue writing to Leonard but be mindful of his situation and respectful of his personal affairs.

Leonard Peltier # 89637-132
USP LEWISBURG
U.S. PENITENTIARY
P.O. BOX 1000
LEWISBURG, PA 17837




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans lowest rate

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home